Welcome back to our new school year, it is great to have all our children back without the bubbles that were needed over the past two years, and more information on how COVID restrictions have changed, and what remains in place is below.
We are grateful for the ongoing support of our parents, carers and families in keeping our school COVID free. To support this, please be aware that:
At this time of year typically we see an increase in coughs and colds. I am sure you will understand that this will necessitate the need to ask parents and carers to keep their child away from school and get a PCR test to check for COVID symptoms.
If you have any of these 3 coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, even if mild, use this service to get a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test as soon as possible:
You can order a PCR test kit to be sent to your home or book an appointment at a walk-in or drive-through test site.
If you have symptoms, self-isolate straight away until you get your results. Do not leave home, except to post a test kit or for a PCR test appointment. Check if the people you live with need to self-isolate on NHS.UK.
Staff will continue to Rapid Test twice weekly, and this will be reviewed by the government at the end of September 2021.
Further guidance for parents/carers on COVID measures is available on this link:
· There is no longer a requirement for children in school to socially distance or to maintain their bubbles. However, adult social distancing is recommended on our site, so posters remain in place as a reminder, and we would welcome this to support keeping local infections down. Face masks are also welcome for those that wish to wear them.
· Adult visitors into the school building will be minimised as far as possible, and for those coming into school face-masks will be required.
· Please communicate by email or telephone where possible, and if visiting the school office, please maintain just one person in the foyer at any one time. The use of a mask is recommended.
· In line with the guidance from Gloucestershire County Council, children will continue to wash hands on entry to school, before break if eating, and before lunch. Children should also wash their hands as soon as they arrive home from school.
· Children will have regular reminders of hand and respiratory hygiene, and posters will continue to be displayed around school. This will be reviewed at October half term, or when any guidance update is received.
· All our classrooms have windows and doors that enable natural ventilation, and we also make wide use of the outdoors so please ensure your child has a coat in school every day. We will also maintain mid-day cleaning of high-traffic areas.
DROPPING TO SCHOOL AND COLLECTING:
Morning start returns to 8.40am for juniors, and 8.50am for infants.
· Reception – by willow on front of school outdoor area.
· Year 1 and 2 – in infant playground.
· 8.45am - Acorns children – parents go to infant playground and wait on ramp, staff meet children at door on outdoor play area. (Acorns morning session finishes at 11.45am or 12.15pm if staying for lunch. During the day children are dropped and collected from office. Infant gate remains locked throughout day as previously).
· Year 3 and 4 – continue to enter and exit school through side door from junior playground, Year 5 and 6 use door on end of corridor by Oak Class.
Collecting at the end of the day: 3pm for Reception – parents wait by willow on front of school. 3.05pm for Y1 and 2 on infant playground.
Acorns parents collect from infant playground, wait on ramp for staff to bring children to outdoor area.
3.05pm Junior finish time: Y3 and 4 leave through corridor side door. Year 5 and 6 leave through corridor end door.
For those parents collecting from both infant and junior playgrounds, please collect infant children first, and teachers will keep junior children for the few minutes until you arrive.
Please be prompt to collect children as staff often have meetings and training after school.
Buddies before and after school club is available from 7.30am – 6pm. Please see school website for more information.